The top secret things you aren’t told about human relations and interactions.
- Everything we do stems from two desires, the urge of sex or the desire to feel important. The deepest urge in human nature is the desire to feel important.
- The deepest principle in human nature is the craving to be appreciated.
- If you tell me how you get your feeling of importance, I will tell you what you are. That determines your character and the most significant thing about you.
- If some people are so hungry for a feeling of importance that they actually go insane to get it, imagine what you and I can achieve just by giving people a feeling of significance and importance.
- The ability to arouse enthusiasm among people is the greatest asset any leader can possess. The best way to develop the best that is in a person is by appreciation and encouragement.
- Nothing kills the ambitions of a person as criticism from a superior. Don’t criticize anyone. Be anxious to praise and loath to find fault. If you find anything you like, be hearty in your approbation and lavish in your praise.
- I have yet to find the person, however great or exalted in his position/station, who did not do better work and put forth greater effort under the spirit of approval than he ever would in the spirit of criticism.
- The main reason most wives run away or get divorced is because of a lack of appreciation. We often take our spouses for granted that we never let them know that we appreciate them. There is nothing that most people need than nourishment for their self-esteem.
- The difference between appreciation and flattery is; flattery is insincere, comes from the teeth out, is selfish and is universally condemned while appreciation is sincere, comes from the heart, is unselfish and is universally admired.
- Flattery is telling the other person precisely what he thinks about himself.
- Nothing pleases children more than parental interest and approval. Honest appreciation will get results where criticism and ridicule fail.
- I shall pass this way but once; any good therefore, that I can do or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again.
- Every person you meet is your superior in some way, in that, learn from him.
- Cease to think about your own accomplishments and wants. Instead try and focus on the other person’s good points. Forget flattery and empty praise, instead, give honest, sincere appreciation.
- Be hearty in your approbation and lavish in your praise and people will cherish your words and treasure them. People never forget how you made them feel. Give honest, sincere appreciation.